This renovation of the white brick Wiedenbeck-Dobelin Industrial Hardware Warehouse represents the first step in a redevelopment of the historic West Madison railroad corridor. Built in 1907 and 1914 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the old warehouse, combined with a newly constructed companion building, displays turn-of-the-century industrial design.
Developed by The Alexander Company, Inc. in the summer of 1987, the apartment community is located just six blocks west of the Capitol Square, convenient to the UW campus, next door to the Kohl Center, shopping, downtown activity and city transportation. The Wiedenbeck's two L-shaped buildings incorporate the warehouse theme in 57 spacious, contemporary one- and two-bedroom apartments. Tall arched-top windows, lofts and open floor plans maximize light and space. All apartments are accessed from a great landscaped courtyard highlighted by a neon-lit entry gate and sculptural fountain in a reflecting pool. The community offers a locked entry.
- Two-story cathedral living rooms
- Ceiling fans
- Large Eurostyle baths
- Panelized black glass appliance fronts
- Common area laundry and storage